Click here to read the full Insurance Coverage Plan in pdf.
All CanaDream vehicles are insured with $5-million public liability and property damage. A deposit of $750.00 to $1500.00 is required on a major credit card for the collision and comprehensive Insurance deductibles as outlined below. The deposit is refundable upon the return of the vehicle in the same condition as it was received and not involved in any incident claims. Any guest that is involved in an incident will have their deposit held (to the maximum charge listed below) for a minimum of 60 days until the incident claim is closed. Claims that are less than the deposit amount will have the difference refunded to the Guest upon closing of the incident claim. The guest is responsible for the maximum charge detailed below where expenses include, but are not limited to: towing, storage fees, damage to CanaDream Inc. vehicle, damage to third party property, injury claims, insurance adjuster fees, legal fees. In addition, a $100 administration fee will apply to every accident. Our insurance does not cover liability for loss of personal property, nor does it cover costs for accommodation, transportation or replacement of vehicle if the vehicle is stolen or should an incident occur that makes the rented vehicle inoperable. In these situations and, depending on availability, a new, signed, rental agreement must be in place before a replacement vehicle is provided. Incidents must be reported within 24 hours and be accompanied by a written accident report and police report or file number.
The guest is responsible for the following maximum charges per accident:
- Two-vehicle accident on a signed and numbered road, fire, theft or vandalism (with police and accident report): $750.00 ($1,500.00 for drivers 21-24 yrs old)
- Windshield / glass: $500.00
- Off Road (e.g. campsites, parking lots, driveways. gas stations etc.: $1,500.00 for all drivers
- Single Vehicle Incident (Any damage caused by contact with any stationary object (eg: parked vehicle, walls, trees, bridges, etc) anywhere (0n or off-road, private or public property): $1,500.00 for all drivers
- Vehicle Damage - cause unknown (including hit and run by unknown third party): $1,500.00 for all drivers
- Acts of Nature (Natural disasters including, but not limited to, hail, floods, lightning): $1,500.00 for all drivers
- Interior damage (not caused by two-vehicle accident on a numbered road): $750.00 ($1,250.00 for drivers 21-24 yrs old)
- Collision with animals: $750.00 ($1,250.00 for drivers 21-24 yrs old)
- Tire damage (does not include tow charges): $1,000 per tire for all drivers
- Undercarriage damage (not caused by two vehicle accident on a numbered road): All costs
- No written accident report & police file number (or station notification within 24 hours of accident): All costs
- Committing Hit and Run: All costs
- Incidents while driving in unauthorized areas or in the USA without prior authorization: All costs
- Incidents caused while the vehicle is driven by an impaired or unauthorized driver: All costs
- Damages incurred during an illegal act(s) and/or wilful damage: All costs
Burning Man Surcharge
There is a surcharge of $1,000 for all RV vacations starting from any of our locations with permission to travel to the Burning Man Festival in Nevada, USA.
Vehicles for Burning Man must be expressly requested and confirmed at time of reservation.
Guests who travel to Burning Man without permission will be subject to a $1,500 penalty and will void all insurance coverage.
Unauthorized Areas include northern surcharge areas, the USA, and any restricted geographic areas which CanaDream Inc. may determine at any time. Without prior permission to drive the vehicle in these areas, there is no insurance coverage; the guest is responsible for all damages, related expenses and costs; the guest is subject to a $900 penalty.
CanaDream reserves the right to restrict access to specific geographic areas at any time. These restrictions may be applied at the time of pick up. The guest assumes all responsibility for any expense or loss of time while travelling in restricted geographic areas.
Northern Surcharge Areas
A northern surcharge of $500 will apply for rentals starting at any station other than Whitehorse and travelling to the following areas:
Alaska Highway north of Fort St. John Quebec and Labrador north and east of Sept-lles Yukon
Cassiar Highway (#37) north of Kitwanga, BC Baie James Road, QC Nunavut
Highway 35 north of Peace River, AB Northwest Territories Newfoundland
Permission to travel to northern surcharge areas must be expressly requested and confirmed at the time of reservation.
Prohibited Travel Areas
TRAVEL IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN AT ALL TIMES:
Logging and non-public roads The Dalton Highway (north of Livengood)
Mexico North Canol Highway in the Yukon
Denali Highway in Alaska Death Valley between May 1 - September 30
Any and all un-numbered roads and highways
Parking of your vehicle is prohibited in the greater metropolitan areas of Montreal and Ottawa. This includes all pay parking lots, hotel parking lots, side streets, malls, etc. To travel into these areas, park your vehicle at a campsite and use public transportation, taxi, etc. In the event of a theft that occurs in the Montreal or Ottawa metropolitan area, the Guest is responsible for $7,500.