Whitehorse - General Shop Helper
Reporting to the Station Supervisor, the General Shop Helper performs various maintenance-shop duties integral to the readiness of the CanaDream guest and sales fleet. Remuneration for this position ranges between $14.00 and $16.00 an hour.
- General shop help
- Parts pick-up as required
- Perform other tasks as required
- Clean exterior surfaces, including windows, to standard required by CanaDream
- Clean storage compartments, tire surfaces, motor, tanks, and hoses
- Operate cleaning machines and equipment
- Perform other duties as required to contribute to the smooth running of our rental and sales operation.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Some automotive mechanical knowledge a definite asset
- Must certify to operate a propane pump
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced, customer-centric environment
- Able to speak English
- Pay attention to detail and take pride in your work
- Some familiarity with computers - technology is used to schedule and document daily tasks
- Willingness to work well with diverse staff
- Flexibility in working hours
- Valid driver's license
- No previous experience required
- Shift work including weekends
- Work is physically demanding and requires repetitive tasks, bending, crouching, kneeling, and standing for extended periods of time
- Overtime available during peak periods
- Occasionally required to work outside during inclement weather
CanaDream Operating Principles
CanaDream is proud to employ individuals who embrace our operating principles:
- Integrity, truth and transparency will be the foundation of our company
- We will support one another and staff to align goals
- We will laugh with each other
- We will accept the wisdom learned from our mistakes to ensure our future success.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Racquel Daley at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until suitable applicants are found. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.