Terms and Conditions
Please Click here to read the full Conditions applicable to reservations with CanaDream Inc (PDF)
Please Click here to read the full version of our Insurance Coverage (PDF)
CanaDream guarantees that our fleet is of the highest standard in Canada with features that are exclusive to CanaDream.
A $500.00 deposit is required upon booking.
Full payment is required 30 days prior to departure. We are happy to accept payments made by Master Card, Visa or American Express credit cards. All renters must present a valid credit card at the time of pick up (see section on Security Deposit)
Booked and cancelled within 5 days is "No Charge" when departure date is greater than 45 days from booking date. Bookings cancelled more than 5 days after booking date are subject to the following cancellation charges:
- Over 45 days prior to departure - $100.00
- 45 - 15 days prior to departure - $500.00
- 14 - 08 days prior to departure - $750.00
- 7 days - departure day and no shows -100% of the total charges
Minimum Revenue Nights
7 nights between April 1 to September 30, 5 nights for the remainder of the year. Shorter booking periods may be available on request. Please call us.
- A security deposit of $750.00, $1,500.00 for drivers 21 to 24 years is required.
- An open, signed credit card authorization is taken at departure for all bookings
- Security deposits MUST be made with CREDIT CARDS ONLY(No debit cards) and will be processed
- Deposits are refunded when the vehicle is returned complete with all equipment in a clean and undamaged condition.
We are happy to welcome group bookings for all our unit types with the following changes to our regular terms and conditions for groups of 5 or more vehicles. A deposit of $500.00 per unit is required upon confirmation of the booking. Full payment is required 90 days prior to departure.
Group Cancellation Policy
- Over 180 days prior to departure $500.00 per vehicle booked
- 179 - 60 days prior to departure 50% of the charges
- Under 60 days Full payment
We are happy to provide transfers to and from airport or airport hotels for no additional charge except in Montreal. A $90.00 one-way/return charge for transfers is applicable between our Montreal location and Montreal airport/airport hotels.
Hours of Operation
- May 1 - September 30, 08:00 - 18:00, Monday through Sunday. Please note that our Edmonton location is closed on Sundays year round. Sunday pick-up/drop-off is available at this location for an additional fee.
- October 1 - April 30, 08:00 - 17:00, Monday through Saturday*
- Check-in or pick-up is from 13:00 - 16:00 (please call on the morning of your pickup, to schedule a pick up time)
- Check-out or drop-off is from 08:00 - 10:00
- Late charges for drop-offs after 10:00 will be $75.00 per hour.
* Sunday pick-up/drop-offs are available at a cost of $375.00, per pick-up or drop-off.
Early Returns/Unused Kilometres
Sorry, there are no refunds for early returns or unused kilometers.
Our fleet of vehicles is in top mechanical condition. In the unlikely event that a mechanical failure occurs, guests are authorized to proceed with the necessary repairs up to $100.00. For expenses over $100.00, guests must telephone the rental station for authorization before proceeding with repairs. Replacement parts must be returned to the rental station for reimbursement. Guests assume full responsibility for damage to tires and undercarriage. Oil, tire pressure and coolant must be checked at each refueling. Costs for oil will be refunded upon presentation of receipts. The company's responsibility is limited to the refund of the daily gross rate, or portion thereof, if the breakdown repair is longer than 48 hours.
Our vehicles are smoke-free. If you choose to smoke, additional cleaning charges may apply.
Sorry, pets are not allowed.
Driving License/Driver's Age
- All drivers must possess a driver's license valid for the entire rental period
- An international driver's license is recommended for foreign tourists
- Minimum age is 21. Only drivers listed on contract are allowed to drive
- Additional Driver Fee: $5.00 per night for each additional driver
- Driving in U.S.: $10.00 per night for each vehicle entering the US. In the event CanaDream RV Rentals is not made aware of travel in the US and an incident occurs the insurance coverage will be void and the client will be fully responsible for all costs.
Travel Restricted Areas
Vehicles are not permitted to enter Mexico at any time. Travel to Death Valley is limited to the low season (October 1 through April 30) due to extremely high temperatures which can cause system failures. Also, a $10.00/night fee applies to any travel within the United States (including Alaska). Guests assume all responsibility for any expense or loss of time while traveling in restricted areas.
There is a surcharge of $500.00 for all RV vacations starting from Vancouver,Calgary,Edmonton,Toronto,Montreal or Halifax with permission to travel on/in:
- Alaska Highway north of Fort St. John, British Columbia
- Cassiar Highway (#37) north of Kitwanga, British Columbia
- Highway 35 north of Peace River, Alberta
- Northwest Territories, Yukon, Nunavut, Newfoundland
- Quebec & Labrador north and east of Sept-Iles
Permission is automatically granted to travel in above areas with pick ups in Whitehorse with the exception of the 'No-Go' areas of the Dalton Highway (north of Fairbanks) and the Denali Highway in Alaska and the North Canol Highway in the Yukon. Vehicles for northern travel must be expressly requested and confirmed at the time of reservation. Guests who travel to these areas without permission will be subject to a $900.00 penalty and will void all insurance coverage. CanaDream reserves the right to restrict driving access at anytime. These restrictions may be applied at the time of pick-up.
Burning Man Surcharge
There is a surcharge of $1,000 for all RV vacations starting from any of our locations with permission to travel to the Burning Man Festival in Nevada, USA. Vehicles for Burning Man must be expressly requested and confirmed at time of reservation. Guests who travel to Burning Man without permission will be subject to a $1,500 penalty and will void all insurance coverage.
Convenience Kit Fees
We are happy to provide convenience kits at a cost of $80.00 per guest per booking. This will increase to $85.00 per guest per booking from April 1, 2016. Our convenience kit includes dishes, cookware, pillows, linen, towels, sleeping bags and cleaning equipment. For a detailed list of our convenience kits items, click here
One-way Drop Fees
Based on availability, we are happy to offer a one-way travel option to and from all of our vacation centre locations (except to or from Edmonton). Please note that one-way travel in our TCA vehicle type is only possible between Vancouver, Calgary and Whitehorse. One-ways must be reserved and confirmed in advance and the following drop off fees apply:
- One-ways between all CanaDream locations - $750.00 (This will increase to $850.00 from April 1, 2016)
- Special or unique one-ways across North America are available on request
CanaDream vehicles may be rented for commercial purposes if special prior approval is obtained.
If, for any reason beyond the company's control, the reserved vehicle is not available, CanaDream reserves the right to substitute a vehicle of equivalent value or offer a higher rated vehicle at no additional cost. Should a lower rated vehicle be substituted, the company's only responsibility is to refund the difference between the two vehicles. Although this is infrequent, accidents or mechanical repairs may force substitutions.
CanaDream makes no representation as to fuel consumption. Vehicles are supplied with a minimum ¼ tank. If the guest returns with less fuel than on departure, he/she will be charged for that amount of fuel. There is no refund if client returns with more fuel than on departure.
Sales Taxes apply to all charges as follows:
- All Stations GST (Goods & Services Tax) except Halifax and Toronto - 5%
- Vancouver PST (Harmonized Sales Tax) - 7%
- Toronto HST (Harmonized Sales Tax) - 13%
- Montreal QST (Quebec Service Tax) - 9.975%
- Halifax HST (Harmonized Sales Tax) - 15%
There is no provincial tax in Calgary, Edmonton or Whitehorse.
Tax is calculated on the gross amount of the rental.