CanaDream is committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy of your personal information.
This policy explains how CanaDream protects your privacy, and is a summary of how we collect, use and disclose personal information provided to us. When you apply to use our service, you consent to us using and disclosing your personal information in accordance with this policy.
In Canada, "CanaDream" is a trading name of CanaDream Corporation. CanaDream Corporation is a public company trading on the TSX Venture Exchange using the stock symbol CDN.
What personal information does CanaDream collect about me and how is it collected?
When you rent a vehicle from CanaDream, we need to collect certain information from you. The service that you use will determine exactly what information we collect. The information may include your:
- Contact telephone number(s)
- Contact facsimile number(s)
- Date of birth
- Country of Residence
- Driver’s licence number and state/country of origin
- Frequent traveller program number
- Vehicle preference
- Credit card number(s) and expiry date(s)
- Email address
- Company name and employee number; and
- Contact details of individuals who can provide professional references and other information required in the Cash Qualification process
- Reservations and rental details including dates, times and places of vehicle hire
- Preferences such as baby seat requirements, GPS requests, table and chair orders, etc.
- Vehicle damage circumstances and details.
In certain circumstances, we may collect sensitive information about you. For example, we may collect information about your membership of a professional association in order to provide you with the correct discount for our services. Sensitive information under the relevant Privacy Act includes information about an individual's membership of a professional or trade association.
We will only collect sensitive information about you in accordance with the law. How we collect the information will depend on how you use our services. We may collect information directly from you by telephone, fax, email, over the counter, completion of an application or enrolment form, or through our Internet based service. We may also collect information about you indirectly through a travel agent, a corporate program or through one of our partner programs.
You can choose not to provide some of your personal details, but this may prevent us from providing our services to you or limit our ability to provide the level of service you would normally expect from us.
How is my personal information used or disclosed by CanaDream?
We strive to ensure a stress-free rental experience, and we are dedicated to building a rewarding and lasting relationship with every customer. In order to provide the highest level of service, we may use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
We use your personal information to:
- Provide the services you request
- Perform tasks necessary to administer those services
- Research, develop, manage, protect and improve our services
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys and inform you of any improvements we have made to our services; and
- Maintain and develop our software and other business systems. We may disclose your personal information to other related and non-related organisations including:
- Vehicle manufacturers, in particular motorhome and campervan manufacturers.
- Sister companies that form part of our Group as well as franchisees, licensees or agents of CanaDream
- Your company or organisation if you use our services under a corporate account
- To one of our program partners if you are a member of their frequent traveller program and have asked us to send them details of your rental agreement with us
- Our contracted service providers
- Credit card providers
- Credit reporting and fraud checking agencies where necessary to register a default
- Debt collection agencies, in the event of your default in payment of monies owed to us
- City councils and government or private organisations responsible for the processing or handling of traffic related infringements
- Driver licensing authorities; and
- Government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies where the disclosure is required or authorised by law.
Use or disclosure for direct marketing purposes
We may use and disclose your personal information to offer you products and services provided by CanaDream and related companies, franchisees and licensees of CanaDream. We may also use (but not disclose) your personal information to offer you products and services provided by companies participating in CanaDream partner programs.
CanaDream works with AdRoll retargeting and Google Adwords, who uses technology including web beacons and cookies to collect data about our website usage and to improve the effectiveness of our marketing. Data recorded through the use of this technology is aggregated and shared with us.
No personally identifiable information about you is collected or shared by AdRoll with CanaDream. You can opt-out of AdRoll and their partners by visiting this link. You can opt out of Google's ad network by removing your cookies.
The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and/or updates relating to your purchase from CanaDream, in addition to periodic company newsletters, updates, and/or related product or service information. CanaDream digitally stores email addresses of parties who have elected to opt in to receive promotional offers and other related emails from CanaDream. All promotional emails are sent with the option to decline further emails by opting out.
CanaDream does not share your email with any third party who is not connected with CanaDream.
How does CanaDream protect my information?
We use up to date techniques and processes, which meet current industry standards to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and confidential. Only employees of CanaDream and those authorised to perform services on our behalf will have access to your personal information. We will not retain any of your personal information for longer than required, except to fulfil our legal obligations. With your help, we will take all reasonable steps to make sure that personal information is kept complete and up to date.
How to access your information
We are committed to ensuring that personal information held by us is up to date and accurate. If you find inaccurate information, please contact us. We will then take all reasonable steps to correct the information.
You may ask us to give you access to personal information we hold about you at any time. This access is subject to certain exceptions. You may not obtain access to information relating to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between us and you.
You can request access to your information by email or phone. You will be asked to specify the information that you want access to, and will need to verify your identity before we are able to provide the information. This is a free service unless the information you request requires us to access archived material or spend significant time in preparation or research. If this occurs we will advise the likely cost in advance and can help refine your request if necessary.
If you believe the personal information that we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, and CanaDream does not agree, we will provide a statement expressing your disagreement with the information where the information is stored.
Who can I contact for further information?
If you have any questions about how we handle your personal information or if you believe that we have handled your personal information inappropriately, you can contact us in the following ways:
Attention: The Customer Service Manager
CanaDream RV Rentals & Sales
2510 27 Street NE
What you consent and agree to
When you provide us with your personal information, you consent and agree to our use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy including, and particular to:
a. Our use and disclosure of that information in order to provide the service you have requested and for any other compatible purpose including the management, protection and development of our business;
b. The disclosure of your personal information to entities located outside of Canada. This may include disclosures to any franchisees, licensees or agents of CanaDream, our service providers and program partner organisations; and
c. Our use and disclosure of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Changes to this Policy
This policy is effective from 21 December 2009 and remains in effect until further notice.