It's the day we've been patiently counting down to since Canada announced they would be reopening their borders to fully vaccinated foreign nationals.
September 7 will see the beginning of a resurgence in Canadian tourism and the opportunity for all Canadians to welcome back visitors from around the world.
Travel for these visitors may look a little different, requiring additional planning on their part, but we know they are eager to explore our spectacular country. So, what measures are required by them to enter Canada?
All foreign nationals entering Canada for leisure purposes must be fully vaccinated at least 14 days before arrival and show proof of the full series of a vaccine or combination of vaccines accepted by the Government of Canada. Currently these vaccines are those manufactured by Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson).
- Arriving visitors must have a valid pre-arrival COVID-19 molecular test result taken no more than 72 hours before their scheduled flight or their arrival at a land border crossing, or a previous positive test result taken between 14 and 180 days before departure to Canada. Antigen tests, often called 'rapid tests' are not accepted.
- All arriving visitors must be asymptomatic.
- They must submit their mandatory information via ArriveCAN (App or website), including proof of vaccination in English or French and a quarantine plan.
- They must be admissible under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- take a COVID test on arrival, if selected to do so.
While the borders are reopening, COVID safety measures are still in effect in most provinces and motorhome hire in Canada remains one of the safest ways to explore Canada. When you rent an RV for your vacation, you are in control of your surroundings. If you're new to RVing, our handy Guide to planning your first RV trip will provide you with all the information you need to know before booking your fall, winter, spring or summer motorhome holiday.
RV travel is a convenient and easy way to get up close and personal with nature, wildlife and the spectacular scenery that is Canada. Whether you’re travelling as a couple, a family or with friends, there’s an RV suitable for your needs and budget. We can't wait to again welcome you as our Guests.